1Space is a directory of care, support and wellbeing services mainly for adults. For a broader directory, encompassing all community information & events in East Sussex, see our sister site, ESCIS.
The 1Space Directory has been designed to bring together groups and organisations offering services for people of all ages and a diversity of needs, into one place online.
East Sussex 1Space has been designed by East Sussex Count y Council with the help of volunteers including service users, carers, members of the public and service providers to ensure it is easy to use and understand for both visitors looking for services and service providers registering their services.
Visitor can search for services in a number of ways from the homepage:
- Using keywords in the ‘Search for’ box. This search scans the database of Services looking for your keywords within their service page information and the categories they are linked to.
- Using the location search ‘Within’ and ‘Miles of’ the search will list the nearest to the location at the top of the list followed by the next nearest throughout the county.
- Using the combined Keyword ‘Search for’ and location ‘Within’ and ‘Miles of’ will use the two searches to find what you are looking for.
- Using the ‘Show more options’ advanced search you can search by Service name, Organisation name and / or Service type.
- Using the Categories to search you can browse across a range of areas giving an opportunity to see a range of different services available across the county.
From the search results you can click on any Provider and read about the service(s) they offer and find out how to contact them.
You can submit feedback anytime about a service you have used.
You can save providers in your shortlist whilst logged into the same session to easily refer back to them or you can register and have the option to save providers in your ‘favourites’ to view in any session when you login.
The Service Providers who are registered on the directory have either been transferred from one of East Sussex County Councils databases or they have chosen to register independently.
Service Providers who have registered independently have signed up to the sites Terms and Conditions and will indicate on their page which Registration Category requirements they meet.
Was this information helpful?